1. Loss of Rights – If you’re a new act, almost 95% of the time, if you want that big label contract, you have to sign over your publishing rights. This is a HUGE problem. Basically, anything you write, which by just the pen touching the paper, or finger touching the key, is automatically copyrighted, you are giving directly to the Label so they can go make more money off of it than you do. Now some people may make the argument that without the label you couldn’t make any money at all, but with the internet getting more and more sophisticated, this will get less and less true, which is already the case for some. ie: Lisa Lavie
- facebook.com/MusicWithoutLa…... 7 months ago
- Hey guys announcing early live beta access sign-ups to our Zira App for Creators an artist-centric CMS that we've b… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…... 7 months ago
- Hey guys, exciting news. We're starting to take submissions today for a new music library api we're launching that… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…... 1 year ago
- Hey guys, been a minute, but that's going to change soon. We've been hard at work on building robust software tools… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…... 1 year ago
- fb.me/77r8IKdCa... 2 years ago
What Day is It?