- facebook.com/MusicWithoutLa…... 1 year ago
- Hey guys announcing early live beta access sign-ups to our Zira App for Creators an artist-centric CMS that we've b… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…... 1 year ago
- Hey guys, exciting news. We're starting to take submissions today for a new music library api we're launching that… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…... 1 year ago
- Hey guys, been a minute, but that's going to change soon. We've been hard at work on building robust software tools… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…... 2 years ago
- fb.me/77r8IKdCa... 2 years ago
What Day is It?
Daily Archives: April 19, 2011
So once I got over the comedic reference in their name, it was quite hard to stop listening to this new 7″ vinyl by Purity Ring. The latest addition before the release was the cleverly arranged “Lofticries” which is just an amazingly ambient piece hinting of the R&B and hiphop vibe. Enjoy this track and visit their site to download these two tracks for free. But don’t be ‘that guy’, let’s show some love and shell out the minor $5 charge for the 7″ vinyl of both tracks.
The fun doesn’t stop there! The song was first heard from David Dean Burkhart‘s independent video for “Lofticries” using footage from an old 1970s Swedish film entitled Thriller: A Cruel Picture.
The Jack Mantis band is a great acoustic rock band hailing from Cape Town. Consisting of Jack (lead singer and guitarist), Jimi Curve (bass), Domenico Benigno (keyboard) and John Case (drums) the four come together to fuse rock, soulful blues, and reggae into a unique composition. The band has played throughout South Africa and has a loyal following in the Mother City. In a recent interview John said, We are definitely underground but we have performed all over the place and for all sorts of audiences. We like to play for the people as long as they are enjoying listening and jamming. Also for different audiences we mix the sound up a little bit.” Check out their video of “Not What I’d Imagined.”
By: Elizabeth Stene | Beat-Play Ambassador South Africa | @LizMWL | Music Without Labels & Beat-Play, LLC