Sean Parker of Facebook is completely backwards on his thinking towards the music industry. To say that the fight against piracy is a failure is absolutely absurd. Every problem has some sort of issue, it’s just whether or not people are willing to address the necessary steps to conquer the task. With the Beat-Play model not only will piracy be done away with, but the quality of music will greatly exceed the overall mainstream flood we currently experience. People aren’t going to stop illegally downloading music just because you have a cool player that harnesses tons of music. iTunes is around and the majority of people using it have libraries filled with pirated tracks. So why wouldn’t they just continue to illegally download the new music they hear on such a site as your own. As far as the ‘not being able to get your music from the service to other devices’ comment, this is what smartphones and applications are for. Technology is great because it gives us the limitless freedoms we need to cater to all the users’ demands. Spotify offers a decent service but doesn’t change the molding too much from iTunes except that it’s strictly online and they stream full tracks. I’m sure for a short period of time this will be a semi-successful model but the main user base will continue to be the same people that buy music today. If someone is pirating music today, what is to stop them from doing so tomorrow. Not Spotify. It doesn’t make it FREE.
- facebook.com/MusicWithoutLa…... 1 year ago
- Hey guys announcing early live beta access sign-ups to our Zira App for Creators an artist-centric CMS that we've b… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…... 1 year ago
- Hey guys, exciting news. We're starting to take submissions today for a new music library api we're launching that… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…... 2 years ago
- Hey guys, been a minute, but that's going to change soon. We've been hard at work on building robust software tools… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…... 2 years ago
- fb.me/77r8IKdCa... 3 years ago
What Day is It?
September 2020 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30